Image source: Dr. Sheldon Eakins, Leading Equity podcast.
Listen to the episode here.
About Aasimah Navlakhi
Having experienced firsthand the life-changing power of great schools, Aasimah Navlakhi (she/her/hers) is committed to ensuring that all students have equal opportunities to learn, grow, and thrive. Aasimah began her career as a speech and performance teacher in her hometown of Bangalore, India, and now serves as the Chief Executive Officer of BES (formerly Building Excellent Schools), a national nonprofit that identifies and prepares excellent leaders to transform education in their communities.
- Taking on a new role as CEO and the importance of a listening tour
- Discovering the organization’s mission doesn’t align with the approach to school models
- Shifting away from “No Excuses”
- Identifying White Supremacy Culture
- Navigating any resistance to change
- Collecting other forms of data
Listen to episode 211 of the Leading Equity podcast, featuring BES CEO Aasimah Navlakhi, on the Leading Equity website.